Home to 15 different language programs, LLC offers training in languages and cultures from all corners of the globe. From Swahili to Italian, Russian to Vietnamese, we give our students the opportunity to become cross-cultural experts in an ever more internationalized world.
LLC programs offer the chance to explore a single language or dual language option as well as the opportunity to study culture through a range of interdisciplinary lenses: Intensive Area Studies, Comparative Cultural Studies, Film and Visual Culture, Literary Studies, and Medieval and Early Modern Studies.
Whichever track you choose, a major in Foreign Languages and Literatures provides an excellent basis for advanced graduate study and for a variety of careers in fields such as education, international development, diplomacy and government, national security, communications, law, journalism, arts and culture, medicine, publishing, and global business and finance.
- Lecturer of Arabic Language and Culture
- Lecturer of French Language and Culture
- Visiting Lecturer in Chinese Language and Culture
- Visiting Lecturer in Korean Language and Culture
- Lernen Sie Deutsch an der UF! – Coming Summer 2021
- Haitian Creole Conversation Club
- UF in Rome Language and Culture study abroad information session
- January 31, 2020 – Print, Power and Parable Speaker Series
View More Events
- 2019-2020 Languages, Literatures, and Cultures Awards
- Support for Undergraduate Research
- Support for Faculty Research
- Summer 2019 – Kathleen Diamond Study Abroad Scholarships
- NEH Humanities Fellowship awarded to Fiona McLaughlin in 2019-2020 AY